Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

Stopped raining here too, but you've got more green showing than I have, mine's only showing 3 hours. TBH I'm not sure, I've had a headache all day, hope I'm not brewing anything.

Been out to the observatory and set up ready for imaging but with dark clouds about decided to have the roof closed for now.

Edited by Gina

Hope your headache clears soon Gina.

Looking outside I'm seeing bright sky to the far west, heading your way but It's still thick dank cloud here. Keeping an eye out but will wait a while before opening up.

All opened up here.  Not sure what to expect in terms of dew and seeing though.  Given all the rain this afternoon it could be quite horrible.  Still, it's another shakedown night for me, so I'm hardly going to panic about it.

James.

• Like 1

Looking good Gina

I'm seeing a few stars here and there, but the cloud is low and dark. Where I am high cloud catches the LP from Bridport and Weymouth / Dorchester and is bright but low cloud is dark.

• Thanks 1

I changed the focus from 531 to 720.  I have no idea how much that is in microns but I reduced star size from around 5-6px down to about 1px using manual remote control.  I guess my eye/brain combo is better than the autofocus AI...