Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGP and ASI 120MM-S

Peakedge

Not sure whether this post belongs in Camera or Software category as suppose depends on where problem lays but 50-50 chance.

Thought I'd give the 120MM a go at doing some deep sky. Connects to SGP ok but when using the frame and focus tool, it takes one picture but on attempting to take a second, I get the following: Error 'ASI General Error from call to ASIa(A_0=0, A_2=1, A_3=false)'.

I have to disconnect and then reconnect in order to take another. It will not loop subs so that I can set up the auto focuser for the same reason. Checked settings in Control Panel and all seem ok, including cooling off since uncooled camera.

All works well in Sharp Cap and APT.

Any ideas?

David

1 minute ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

What driver are you using, Ascom or native ??

Sometimes just a comment sparks the lightbulb. I'm not sure which is which but I was using the 'ZWO Camera' option. Just ran down the garden and selected ASI Camera 1 and seems to work ?.

Why I didn't do that last night, I'll never know but thanks for pressing the switch!!!! Maybe now I'll be able to set up the focuser!!

David

Good luck, SGPro is wonderful software, but does need a little taming, but when you've mastered the basics & all works, you'll find everything starts to get easier.

I'm at the stage of trying to fine tune everything, but without enough clear skies to try experimenting....

11 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Good luck, SGPro is wonderful software, but does need a little taming, but when you've mastered the basics & all works, you'll find everything starts to get easier.

I'm at the stage of trying to fine tune everything, but without enough clear skies to try experimenting....

New camera, new pc, flocked tube, belt mod and new auto focuser and not enough clear skies, hence why probably rushed last night. At least did all those upgrades over the extensive cloudy period! Think next task is to get auto focuser sorted and then guiding.

Archived