Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGPro not slewing after plate solve

blinky

After some more help with what looks like a great tool, sgpro.  I’m currently running the trial and making sure everything works prior to getting the credit card out! My latest niggle is that i can get it to plate solve with pinpoint ok but then it does. It seem to try and centre on the target. I have it set in the control panel to try 5 times to centre the target but I can see that each of the 5 images is the same, ie the stars have not moved and although the plate solve is successfull the routine fails because the target is still a few hundred pixels away from centre. I have in the script box, it set to centre on target and it looks like it’s trying to what it should but just fails to slew, anybody any idea?

Which tool are you using PlateSolve 2 \ local ANSVR ?  or something else ?  if so there are a number of places that have to be defined, in control panel:

Camera Tab:

make sure you have the camera setting correct (settings & specs)

PlateSolve tab:

Settings for scope centering,

and then the Platesole2 settings for starting parameters and main parameters window

without knowing more about what equipment you are using, its difficult to be able to suggest changes to make, but you can always head over to the forums @ https://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com where I'm sure you'll find an answer....

I found that Pinpoint needs exact pixel scale settings for your camera to work successfully. Although I have the full, paid version of Pinpoint I have far more success with the free PlateSolve2. Btw what mount are you currently using?

Steve

Yes agree with all the above.  I also have Pinpoint but actually use Platesolve2.  I can't recall off the top of my head, but there was one feature that needs Pinpoint and won't run with Platesolve2, but it is quite obscure and never come up as an issue for me.  I'll have a look and let you know here as this may have changed in later versions.

The only time I've seen this issue (seemingly not slewing at all) is when using EQMOD set to 'append on sync' instead of 'dialogue mode'.  It seems to add dome data points if set to the former which can play havoc with centring.

I also use PS2 with local ANSVR for blind solve as backup if the initial slew is too far off for PS2, which is rare, but happens sometimes. I also have my pointing accuracy set to 5px which is close enough for me. I'm guessing that you don't want to be too optimistic with this setting if your mount isn't capable of very accurate pointing, as you could just keep going round in a loop until you've used all attempts and it 'fails', plus I dither so the images move around once I start capturing anyway. Given that your initial slew is a few hundred pixels out and then never corrects, I'm wondering whether the command to slew after solve is working at all. You could try nudging the mount further away and then solving again to see if the mount then moves at all.

Geof

Archived