Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

lenscap

SkySafari 6 bug when adding Observations

SkySafari 6 Plus is great. I particularly like the Scope Control & Observing Lists features.

There is a bug when adding observing notes ("Observations") to items on your Observing Lists.

If your last entry in an Observation happens to be a piece of predictive text rather than a keystroke, the whole Observation will look OK on the screen, but it will not be saved.

It is quite annoying to later refer to an Observation that you carefully entered with  frozen fingers, to find that it does not exist!

The work-arounds are obvious;

- Don't use predictive text.

- If you do, make sure the last character entered in an Observation is any keystroke ( [carriage return] or [space] is fine), not a predicted word.

- Or you could use pencil & paper, but where's the fun in that?   ?

SkySafari 6 Plus, version 6.1.0.34, Android 6.0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corne de Klerk
      Hi Everyone. Hoping you can guide me in the right direction or give some advice. 
      I was given a Celestron Astromaster 70AZ telescope as a gift and have so far managed to locate and view Jupiter with an Android app. 

I subsequently came across a youtube clip were the guy demonstrated on how to add a DSLR / mobile phone adapter to his telescope as a way to converting his budget telescope to a push / go-to by clipping his mobile phone on top of his telescope and using the star finder app, be able to locate his target and then using his finder scope.  Please note that I am not trying to Astrophotography (yet).
      However, I am unable to find any mounting clips / mobile phone adapters I can buy to add onto my telescope. Any suggestions or ideas how I can make this work? 

Below is what I mean on how I want to attach my mobile phone on top of my telescope.
      Your help will be appreciated!

AC
      South Africa

• By PlanetGazer
      So I'm referring to the main astro-softwares that you use during your sessions on your phone or tablet, and found that most of people use mainly those two softwares on their phones. Laptop versions of the software are different products and are not the focus of this topic.
      So which do you use and why?

My experience:
      I personally have Stellarium plus, and the free version of SkySafarai, so I have an understanding of how the user-interface of both works, I have been researching the extra features in the SkySafari Pro, and have figured the following so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):
      * I'm aware that both let you control your GoTo telescopes
      * I personally find current version of Stellarium to be more user friendly and easier to navigate the sky manually , could be the configured settings though
      * SkySafari has more options to the search bar, e.g. "Tonight's Best" based on your location, also a menu of Messier catalog with a highlight of those currently visible at your time and location, others like best deep sky objects
      * SkySafari has this wonderful feature of creating an observing list, very helpful to plan your session and share and download with/from others
      * Stellarium Plus has a database of around 1.69 billion stars,while SkySafari 6 Pro has around 100 milion starts (don't think it's important as most of them aren't visible in amateur telescopes, I think I read somewhere that only 25 million stars are possible to observe with our telescopes, up to 15th mag, wonder if any of you have tried to push this limit)
    • By eshy76
      This was single shot taken with a Samsung S8 (Android) on my father in law's rooftop in Vacoas, Mauritius on April 18th. I was facing East/North East and was mesmerized by seeing Orion "on its side" for a Northern Hemisphere dweller such as my myself.
      No processing, just straight from the phone.
      The mountain is Corp de Gardes and was 3 miles away. Also visible are Castor and Pollux and I think also Alhena.
      I was imaging the Carina nebula when taking this...thanks!

• By Kronos831
      This is in no shape or form good enough for a competition but im putting it here anyway :P.This was taken march11 with my Xiaomi Redmi6 and shaky hands held over the eyepiece.

• By lenscap
      I'm proposing to control my DIY Onstep GOTO via wifi from a phone or tablet using Sky Safari.
      What is the smallest screen size that you would recommend?  4", 5", 6" ?
      Or should I go for a larger Tablet & lose the "pocketability" of a phone.
      And since I'm a cheapskate, does SF pro have any scope control advantages over SF plus? (The bigger database is no use to me - light pollution)
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.