Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 in RGB and Ha

peter shah

That is absolutely inspiring - the detail and the shift between the colours is superb - really well done - one of the best I've seen.

I'll never achieve this sort of quality but it's great to see these objects produced here under UK skies to see just what's possible in processing. Excellent example to try to follow ?

David

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, David_L said:

That is absolutely inspiring - the detail and the shift between the colours is superb - really well done - one of the best I've seen.

I'll never achieve this sort of quality but it's great to see these objects produced here under UK skies to see just what's possible in processing. Excellent example to try to follow ?

David

Thank you for your kind words David. I just wished our UK skies were a little more sympathetic to the imager. ? I really understand why more are moving across to remote imaging, the frustration can sometimes be too much here in the UK.

That's a wonderful central region! And the whole nebula is beautifully detailed.

Personalty though, I'd prefer slightly less saturated pinks. To me (and quite possibly to no one else) the pink bits seem to lie on top of the rest. I'm sure it's just me, but with a bit less saturation I feel they would look more integrated with the rest of nebula. 

Anyway, It's an excellent image. Thanks for sharing!

22 hours ago, Ruud said:

That's a wonderful central region! And the whole nebula is beautifully detailed.

Personalty though, I'd prefer slightly less saturated pinks. To me (and quite possibly to no one else) the pink bits seem to lie on top of the rest. I'm sure it's just me, but with a bit less saturation I feel they would look more integrated with the rest of nebula. 

Anyway, It's an excellent image. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, fresh eyes can help with things especially when one can get so engrossed in processing.  I do see what you mean. The pink in the core area is slightly different to the rest. Possible due to the layering process combined with the massive dynamic range in the area. I do save various stages of process. I will go back and have a closer look and may be blend with a little more finesse.  :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Great improvement on the Original. Just need to lose that blue trail?

Yeah...I just need to tackle that sat trail...I keep putting it off. I will get it done.

14 hours ago, tomato said:

Another superb result, it is indeed inspiring that this has been imaged from a UK location, and what can be achieved with a single night’s data, when you have the processing skills.

Its possible when the conditions are right....still would love more clear nights.... I used to go out even if the sky was hazy or the moon was bright, I have become more fussy as well which does play a big part.

11 hours ago, Seanelly said:

In a well-worn word, but a fitting one, awesome.

Its a great word though....Thank you.

Archived