SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Observatory in the Snow

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine.

I might have cheated a little, as this was a photo from last February during the visit by the 'Beast from the East'. This time round, we folks in East Anglia haven't had much snow yet!

46894183792_6f0bfe7c92_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Can't you just materialise somewhere with clear skies though ?

Steve

If only. The Time Lords have banished me to this little third rock and deactivated my only means of escape.

41 minutes ago, JOC said:

Can I cheat and play?

OK, here is a legacy picture of mine - with regret that none of the sheds apply, but my 'observatory' is the spot next to the washing line prop!

Can't see the pic ?

Oops!

I plonk the Dob right next to the washing line prop,  That gets me just enough over the garage, South-SE across the garden and about SW to NW - North is less good over the little brown shed, but I haven't tried things since we cut down the willow trees just before Christmas.  S-SW is behind the house - I can get to a 360 view, but I have to lug the Dob about 150 metres across rough grass. 

observatory.jpg

1 minute ago, carastro said:

I am afraid this is from last year because all the snow that came a few days ago and last night has melted.

Carole 

Looks like Narnia Observatory amongst those trees ? Love it.

I have no observatory or snow to photograph to add to this thread, unfortunately on both counts.
But thanks for sharing folks.
One thing that has surprised me is that the snow sits on the domes, I thought it would slide off quickly.

Archived