Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from South Staffs

MarkBass

Hi everyone.

Been reading and learning on here for past few weeks so thought I had better post.

Always loved astronomy and now my kids are a bit older I have more time on my hands so recently bought an 8" Dobsonian. I enjoy learning the sky myself so thought this would be a good option. On the few clear nights we have had I've enjoyed everything I've seen so far. 

Not particularly interested in AP otherwise I would have bought a different scope but I have bought a celestron phone adaptor and taken some great shots of the moon with my Samsung S8.

Aside from the astronomy I play bass guitar in a Mod covers band so good to have a quieter new hobby too ??

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Mark

Hello Mark

I know what you mean about the kids getting older. I'm getting back into observational astronomy now that my own one's have grown a bit too.  

Enjoy.

27 minutes ago, Unklewhale said:

If you are going for observing mainly, I presume you have tried some of sky map programs (like Sky Safari, or Sky Portal ) to help you plan ahead. Also Clear Outdoors for weather forecasts.

Yes I've downloaded a few apps including the ones you've mentioned with the view to finding out the ones I prefer and deleting the rest. ?

9 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Hi Mark,

Welcome to SGL. Look up Rosliston Astronomy Group, we're a friendly bunch!

http://www.roslistonastronomy.org.uk/

And we need more bassists here ?

Neil

Thanks. I've recently been added to a whatsapp group by Ken which I think is the same one as you mention so hoping to get along to a few meets.

Great profile pic BTW ?

Archived