Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Smiggsy

Looking for an AS to join

Hi all. Can you help? I am looking for an active Astronomical Society to join. I have moved to Chelsfield near Orpington.

I'm sure that it be too far for you but there's several in Kent.. 

Mid Kent in bredhurst

Ashford astronomical association

SEKAS ,near Alkham valley Dover

Edited by newbie alert
Damn phone

Yup, I belong to Orpington AS.   We meet in Petts Wood on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (which was last week), we also have observing sessions once a month in Otford.  I organise monthly Astro camps, and there is also an outreach group and a number of members who image.  Quite an active and friendly society and we get some good speakers.  We also have occasional Astronomically related outings. 

You can just turn up to the next meeting (see the website for info) and join if you like us, fees are due 1st January it's £25 for the year.  

http://www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/

The next meeting is the AGM, but I don't think that will take up the whole evening, and will give you a chance to join and meet people.  If you spot me come and say hello. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro