Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

iPeace

COMPLETED - SOLD - Pentax XW eyepieces

*** ALL ITEMS NOW SOLD ***

For your consideration are these Pentax XW eyepieces in excellent condition, each as new complete with caps, bottle case and box. They are truly stunning performers, and it's a bit sad that I don't get to use them enough, but I get most of my observing done while travelling so I may as well use the eyepieces I travel with at home as well. This means that these are ready to go to a new home.

£180 each posted, tracked and insured to UK

PayPal gift or bank transfer accepted.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_2181.thumb.JPG.c8885de2031e0d611c2a1aa8acb06bf1.JPG

DSC_2182.thumb.JPG.bd258eaa4295ee245dc7c3d7ae810d6b.JPG

DSC_2183.thumb.JPG.d854c1ea968ca6383b4b0eb4c7a18d9c.JPG

DSC_2184.thumb.JPG.8d52e4fbfdcffc6a5f7c261009e73848.JPG

:happy11:

Edited by iPeace
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Having to sit on my hands Mike.:icon_pale:

I have owned the 7mm and 10mm before, and superlative for these eyepieces seems inadequate !?

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2

Dammit ! It will be superb in the FC100

Can I have first dibs on the 7mm please if you fail to sell the set

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Can I have first dibs on the 7mm please

Noted, with grateful thanks. :icon_biggrin:

Don't be put off by iPeace being in the Netherlands, I have just bought an EP from him and it came packaged so well that the package could have contained a Faberge egg and it would have been fine.  I can thoroughly recommend them as a seller.  If I could afford and needed these I wouldn't hesistate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Could I have the 3.5 please .

Avtar

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, avtaram said:

Could I have the 3.5 please .

Certainly. Will PM you shortly. :happy11:

• Like 1

Could I have the 5mm please. I'm located in the Netherlands. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust1 said:

Could I have the 5mm please. I'm located in the Netherlands. Thanks!

Certainly; will PM you shortly.

• Like 1

The 10mm is still available. :happy11:

14 hours ago, iPeace said:

The 10mm is still available. :happy11:

Yes, I know it is........I've got a 5mm one of these already and am currently sitting on my hands!

Edit:  Why do I keep coming back to this thread?

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/01/2019 at 23:46, JOC said:

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? 

You're most welcome here. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 30/01/2019 at 23:46, JOC said:

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? 

It may have something to do with the 10mm still being available. :happy11:

• Haha 2

On 30/01/2019 at 22:46, JOC said:

Yes, I know it is........I've got a 5mm one of these already and am currently sitting on my hands!

Beware. When I have done this in the past, It culminated in a purchase whether I needed or not. :evil6:

Edited by Saganite
  • Haha 2

On 30/01/2019 at 22:46, JOC said:

Because it is a Venus Fly Trap, dripping with the honey of Mike's oh so sweet and subtle words of encouragement:help:..

Fortunately, I am more scared of my Bank Manager than I am of Venus Fly Traps!!:grin::grin:

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

dripping with the honey of Mike's oh so sweet and subtle words of encouragement

You're easy to please. I haven't even started yet... ?

• Haha 3

LOL

Well at the moment I have 3 Morpheus in my EP case and one XW (the 5mm which is the only thing I've got which I've successfully split the Lyra double double with, though I haven't yet tried the 6.5mm Morpheus that I got recently with this).  If I currently had 3 Pentax XW's and one Morpheus I'd have probably have clicked the 'buy button' by now.  I am very tempted - it's going to be a great EP at a great price, but if I am being honest I am not short of EP's around that length and if I wanted to spend that amount of cash I could get another Morpheus - I do fancy completing the set (and will probably do so at some point - currently watching the SGL classifieds!!!) which would mean getting the 17mm, 9mm and 4.5mm.  Another practical reason for going down the Morpheus route is that they do seem to be lighter in weight than the XW - the three Morpheus I do have are all lighter in my scale pan than the XW that I've got.  Now, as I have probably written, I do find that the Goto mechanism on the Dob is sensitive to the weight in the focuser and I do have considerable problems with heavier EP's - sometimes I even need to remove the EP's before I 'drive' the scope.  Therefore the apparently lighter Morpheus could be better for me.   The Morpheus also seem to stand up well, quality wise against the XW's - there are a number of reports on-line like this one: http://www.astrotest.it/test-reports/eyepieces/baader-morpheus-eyepieces/ where they seem to be very similar in performance.  Thus, I think I'd just be buying it for buying's it sake and I probably should be good and let this one go.

Edit 'cos it's 9mm not 9.5 - Thanks F15rules

Edited by JOC
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JOC said:

I think I'd just be buying it for buying's it sake and I probably should be good and let this one go.

Excellent thinking. To all interested; please buy sensibly. :happy11:

• Haha 2

I would have bought the 10 xw if I didn't already have the 10 Delos.

Avtar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOC said:

Thus, I think I'd just be buying it for buying's it sake and I probably should be good and let this one go

I thinks that's sensible ?.

I'm in a similar situation in that I also have 3 Morpheii (is that a word??), a 9mm (not 9.5?) and a pair of 17.5mm for both binoviewing and Cyclops viewing. I also have a Pentax XL 10.5mm and in comparing it with the Morpheus 9mm the only optical difference I see is the field of view, which is 11 degrees wider in the Morph than  the XL (just 6deg wider than the XW). But the Morph also fits both 1.25" and 2" focusers (the Pentax is 1.25" only), and the Morph is narrower and lighter than the Pentax, which does make a difference for binoviewing. The build of the Pentax is arguably slightly better than the Morpheus, but the Morpheus is a similar price new to a preloved(?) Pentax. And I genuinely believe that the Morpheus 14mm and 17.5mm are significantly better than the XW14 and XW20, both of which suffer significantly from field curvature.

I suspect that I might reluctantly let the Pentax XL 10.5 go, when the temptation to make up a pair of Morpheus 9mms becomes too strong.

But all that said, I will always be a big fan of XWs and XLs. And the 10mm is arguably the best IMHO as you can Barlow it to 5mm for high power and still get superb images - so 2 top end EPs for the price of 1☺.

Mike, how am I doing in the Fly Trap stakes?? :hello2::grin:

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Mike, how am I doing in the Fly Trap stakes??

I'm sure we'll speak later... :grin:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

you can Barlow it to 5mm for high power

Yeah, but I've already got the 5mm {{{smug}}} - though if you haven't..........................  ;-)

• Haha 3

The remaining 10mm is many a gazer's favourite, and like its siblings as close to new as you will ever find.

A great opportunity, either to finally acquire one or to make amends for that lovely one you regret passing on a while ago.

For the moment still exclusive to SGL.

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, iPeace said:

The remaining 10mm is many a gazer's favourite, and like its siblings as close to new as you will ever find.

A great opportunity, either to finally acquire one or to make amends for that lovely one you regret passing on a while ago.

For the moment still exclusive to SGL.

:icon_biggrin:

Dear me Mike, that post is so near the mark, exactly what I did a few moons ago, and when I regretted it and went for another one I was beaten to it by a certain Mr White. Oh how I have lamented that time, but guess what.......... I got over it :grin:

It probably is a great favourite to many, and rightly so.For the moment I am glad to have the 7mm back.

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1