Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dare I ask ? ? another 'which' question.

LeeRich

2 hours ago, LeeRich said:

It's funny you should mention that spillage because i am now contemplating buying a wedge for my LX90 as it would be a shame and waste not to set off in the right direction ?

Not sure what a wedge costs but its not a replacement for a good EQ mount.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Not sure what a wedge costs but its not a replacement for a good EQ mount.

?? mmmm i thought putting a wedge on my LX90 turning it into a EQ mount was a good move over its standard alt/az set up ?

All LX 90 / 200 etc use this method for EQ movement, are you saying a GEM mount is better then a wedged fork mount Adam ? im confused now lol ?

What do you class as a good EQ mount mate ?

Either way i wont be buying another mount purely for AP, with my new obsy build and new LX90 10" for it im just about done on the spending so i gotta

get the best i can on what i have mount wise so i assumed turning my alt/az into an EQ via a wedge would do just fine but you've fired a big dose of doubt

into that now hahahahahah ?

That said, ive probably totally misunderstood what you mean ? ?

13 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

As you're a DIY expert you can make a wedge suited to you're latitude out of thick plywood.

lol someone once told me to never call someone an expert as an "ex" is a has been and a "spurt" is water under pressure ??

I'll take that as a compliment though Dave lol thanks.....in fact i was just looking at the pro's and con's to making my own anyhow ?

Just out of interest what are meridian flips ?

2 minutes ago, LeeRich said:

Just out of interest what are meridian flips ?

With an EQ mount it can only go so far past the Meridian, due South in the UK, so eventually it has to flip the scope upside down to the other side of the mount, can be  pretty annoying :grin:

Dave

Archived