Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

heliumstar

COMPLETED - Vixen GP and Wooden Tripod

Vixen Great Polaris and wooden tripod for sale. The mount is in a really nice condition and very smooth.

Priced at £170.

Pick up in Borehamwood. I travel to Southend frequently so can deliver to Essex and pretty much anywhere on the way on M25 or A127 as well.

Posted on ABS as well.

vixengp1.jpg

Edited by heliumstar
  • Like 2

I take it the mount has no polar scope?

emadmoussa :  don't take my word for it but I think it takes SW EQ5 as well.

Alan White : unfortunately no.

Edited by heliumstar
  • Like 2

Yes the tripod will mate with EQ3-2/5. The Vixen GP is an awesome mount to be fair. Also an EQ5 polar scope can/will fit I understand

It is an awesome mount. Very smooth. It was a joy using it the two nights ago - when balanced I just swept across the sky with no effort at all. The thing is that it is cumbersome on my narrow balcony with longer tubes so it will not get used much. I bought it as a package with 6" Newt and am probably keeping the OTA but the mount needs to go. I have three tripods/mounts now standing in second bedroom.

Guys, trades welcome as well. Anything astro goes - even if I have to add money to match it or you add it.

On 29/01/2019 at 13:21, Rob said:

Yes the tripod will mate with EQ3-2/5. The Vixen GP is an awesome mount to be fair. Also an EQ5 polar scope can/will fit I understand

I was told by a reputable astro-dealer, (I think it was FLO), and told the polar scope is not compatible. 

Edited by Philip R

Would you consider courier for this, been looking for a mount that fits my budget for a while. 

Derek, unfortunately no at this point. It's just too heavy with counterweights and I am not sure how to securely pack this thing to get it safely to you. Would have to source some packaging which would make the price go up considerably + shipping. Sorry :(

OK thanks anyway. I might have to bite the bullet and buy something retail as not having much luck in second hand market. 

This is still available. I sourced the packaging so can ship it as well for £15. I saw little interest for pick up so let's see if this offer will get more people around the UK interested ;)

Trades welcome as well. Any ED/APO 60-100mm. With me adding cash difference of course.

Edited by heliumstar