Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Hello ,

I am physics student in Turkey . I have used telescopes but they were manual mount because  of that  I do not have any experiences with GO TO  mounts . I upload photos  and I pressed alignment button before finding 3 or 2 stars .  Still  ı did not  find any stars from  catalog  . I really watched many  videos but I did not do it well  my  process  still not  continue . 12 photos  I upload , first  photo teleskop , last photo is the  my  last step ,  which button should  I have press? 

1.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

I will  try that ,  I really happy  for  this instructions  and  I have another  question ,  ı saw  celestron 6 inc telescope and  for the alignment  , two star  or  three star  same  producer  but  when  push the button  , after  come  some  stars  , and  you are choose which  one is you want  if you choose Sirius , on the  lens  , if it is  Sirius  ,  you  press align button  but  ı did  not see  anything  like  that ..  ıf I  do not  misunderstand  ,  ı will  just  with  keys ,  go to Sirius , red dot finder say cross the middle with Sirius  then  with my  lens  look Sirius , if it is  okay ,  i will say align .  2nd step  ı will  look Capella , if ı can see  on the telescope lens  , ı will press  align button  ..... 3rd step  different star , again  press  align  ......... then  finish ... and  ok ?  

or 

does not matter  just  ı will  use  keys  and  which  stars  bright  ı will  find  with  my keys and  red dot finder ,  after  if  ı can  see  on  the  telescope  lens center   press  align  .... 3 times  .... then  ... finish ...ok?  

12 minutes ago, BATUHAN DERELI said:

I will  try that ,  I really happy  for  this instructions  and  I have another  question ,  ı saw  celestron 6 inc telescope and  for the alignment  , two star  or  three star  same  producer  but  when  push the button  , after  come  some  stars  , and  you are choose which  one is you want  if you choose Sirius , on the  lens  , if it is  Sirius  ,  you  press align button  but  ı did  not see  anything  like  that ..  ıf I  do not  misunderstand  ,  ı will  just  with  keys ,  go to Sirius , red dot finder say cross the middle with Sirius  then  with my  lens  look Sirius , if it is  okay ,  i will say align .  2nd step  ı will  look Capella , if ı can see  on the telescope lens  , ı will press  align button  ..... 3rd step  different star , again  press  align  ......... then  finish ... and  ok ? 

or 

does not matter  just  ı will  use  keys  and  which  stars  bright  ı will  find  with  my keys and  red dot finder ,  after  if  ı can  see  on  the  telescope  lens center   press  align  .... 3 times  .... then  ... finish ...ok?  

Do a  3-star align (Sirius, Betelgeuse and Capella for example) and it should be fine.  However...for starters...I would do the steps "in order" as per the tutorial instructions and I think you be fine for the SLT alignment.....

Klitwo

Edited by Klitwo
  • Like 1

I bought one of these, and I soon figured out how to use it,  just by following the manual.

A couple of comments: The three-star align is for people who can't identify any of the three bright stars but are able to aim the telescope at them.

It is actually easier and quicker to do a two-star align, but this requires you to be able to identify some of the brighter stars by name.

Entering the latitude, longitude and time zone in the correct format often catches out beginners.  Your photograph shows 'daylight saving' which you probably should not select in January. 

• Like 1