SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sun Spots at last!

MoonNut

Just now, ronl said:

Sun spot, I wish I could spot the Sun, it's terrible here, again.

I am in the middle of the Sun observing season here, but it has not been that great, too much thin high cloud and not much "activity" on Sol.

I think that is why I posted, the excitement of something to view and image. ?

2 minutes ago, MoonNut said:

I am in the middle of the Sun observing season here, but it has not been that great, too much thin high cloud and not much "activity" on Sol.

I think that is why I posted, the excitement of something to view and image. ?

I could do with some excitement, it's looking better tomorrow , fingers crossed. ?

Nice sunspot activity image you posted there.....

It would be nice to see a sunspot activity again that was similar to the ones seen traveling across the front of the sun in the following NASA SDO link captured Oct. 17-Oct 29, 2014.  The sun has been rather quiet lately.  Perhaps now we'll start to see a little more sunspot activity.....>

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/monster-sunspot.gif

Klitwo

I managed to get about an hour on these in both Ha and WL this morning but it's blowing a Hoolie here so the view was jumping all over the place. 

Still glad to have got a look in though. Nice to see some detail in WL again. 

Ade

Archived