Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally got my scope!!

Hi all,

Well my birthday finally arrived yesterday, and my family presented me with a Celestron Nexstar 102SLT :hello1:

Typically it rained all day so I was not expecting to see anything last night, however at midnight the skies cleared so I set it up.

It took about 30 minutes to set up from start to finish, that's with reading EVERY instruction to make sure I was doing it right! But I think I'll get this down to about 5 min's no problem.

The whole scope, mount and tripod were extremly well packaged and straight forward to assemble.

I then hooked it up with the mains power supply and popped in a 25mm EP.

At first I avoided the alignment and just wanted to slew it around the skies to get a feel for the optics.

I pointed it towards the moon and all I can say is WOW! I happened to have my brother in law round at the time and it totally blew him away. He said he'd never seen anything like it before! The view was extremely clear, so we popped in the 6mm which gave us great views of the moons crators.

I then went for the 3 star skyallign so I could try out the GoTo. after inputting my location, time and date, I used the moon, and two other bright stars to allign the scope. It worked first time. :cheers:

I decided to let it take me on a tour and had a great view of m110, although a small smudge it was a great site and the nexstar hand controller gave me some fab info too.

By this time I realised that in my excitment I was outside in a t-shirt and feeling rather chilly, I also knew my daughter was bound to wake early so I called it a day.

All in all I am over the moon with the scope and just hope th 3 months worth of cloud that comes with every purchase bypases me!!

A very chuffed Gavin!!

That seems like a first; everything to work first time!!! I do hope it lasts.

Tee Shirt, guess your location must be South of France, Florida etc. If its UK, the word is to wrap up with more than you think you need.

John

That seems like a first; everything to work first time!!! I do hope it lasts.

Tee Shirt, guess your location must be South of France, Florida etc. If its UK, the word is to wrap up with more than you think you need.

John

Unfortunatly I am not in such sunny locations, but in Pinxton Derbyshire!! Must have been th Jack Daniels keeping me warm!!

Good to hear you had a great 1st light, the moon is pretty amazing but theres more to come..... :-)

Gary

I agree, had a quick look through last night and had a great view of a couple of star clusters! It's a long road ahead but an exciting one!!

Archived