Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FLO discount?

Hi all,

Joined SGL last Sunday. Next day phoned Worcester Bosch to arrange a boiler service, and got an SGL member who chatted about 'scopes. What're the odds? Anyways, he mentioned FLO do a discount for SGL members, is that still going and can someone advise where I can get the code?

Cheers.

I have used FLO several times and certainly not aware of any discount as such for SGL members.

We get first notice of any discounted items on one of the threads.

FLO Clearance Offers

TBH their prices are so competitive I don't think there is much they could discount further. If I am wrong then watching this thread with interest ? .

Steve

3 hours ago, Nonothingnewbie said:

... he mentioned FLO do a discount for SGL members, is that still going and can someone advise where I can get the code?

Welcome to SGL,

Around a decade ago FLO ran a discount scheme for SGL members. It lasted a year or so. Margins are slimmer these days so we focus instead on competitive prices available to all. 

3 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

TBH their prices are so competitive I don't think there is much they could discount further. 

What he said ^ ? 

We do still post occasional promos or 'special purchase' offers here at SGL. 

Also, when we last updated our website we added a Price Match Promise to ensure we remain competitive. 

HTH, 

Steve 

11 hours ago, Nonothingnewbie said:

Hi all,

Joined SGL last Sunday. Next day phoned Worcester Bosch to arrange a boiler service, and got an SGL member who chatted about 'scopes. What're the odds? Anyways, he mentioned FLO do a discount for SGL members, is that still going and can someone advise where I can get the code?

Cheers.

Is this member offering any discount to SGL members for Boiler service & repair ?

If so I am sure he will get plenty of bookings from many of us ?

Steve

Twitter is good if you have it as FLO tweet all there offers on there. Enable notifications and there offers/discounted items come strait to your phone ??

Im sure you can tick a box on there site to have them emailed to you as well. 

I would also be interested in a discounted Worcester Bosch service ?

In my experience, only discounts of 15% and greater are worthwhile, and that's not going to happen with any astronomical-equipment vendor on the planet.  But no matter; no, not at all, as we are presently enjoying the lowest prices in this, the short history of commercial astronomy, and thanks to China.  

I got this factory 2nd recently: a 90mm f/10 achromat...

891555759_Vorcelisting8.jpg.a0e6aa2b85fefbd8f62f5f0ea42ffae1.jpg

...and for only £50.  True, it had a sheared-off thumbscrew for the finder's bracket upon its arrival...

1754959106_shearedthumbscrew5.jpg.449bbf285448a272954ae29d180a8965.jpg

But that was the only real issue, and the seller sent a replacement after I had sent them that image.  Afterwards, I blackened and flocked it throughout, and replaced the doublet's spacers even...

Polaris2.jpg.763798ff7a7927b33dac3f70dcfc7b9f.jpg

90mm of unobstructed aperture is a wonder-glass under darker skies.

My experience goes to show that, beyond discounts, there are great bargains to be had; if you know where to look.

Archived