Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
martin_h

HH 222

HH 222 The Waterfall Nebula

Located in Orion. Accurate proper motion measurements of HH 222 reveal that the shock structure is a giant bow shock moving directly away from the well-known, very young, Herbig Be star V380 Ori

12 hours of 15 mins subs bin 2x2

waterfall crop web.png

HH222 web.png

• Like 10

Blimey. Getting 15 hours of clear skies in Grimsby must have taken almost as long as the bow wave to move into that position! :)

I can't wrap my head around the scale of images like this. They just blow my mind. Thank you for sharing!

I started this when Orion crossed the meridian at 2 am, last night it crossed at 21:20! So its been a bit on and off for a couple of months, hence the heavy handed noise reduction 😀

That is some faint nebula there Martin. As Ken pointed out 15 hours on one object, in a season 👌👌 Great to see objects that are not normally shown on the forum.

Steve