Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any Free Sharpcap alternatives?

Anyone find an alternative for Sharpcap now that you have to pay for it?*

Just need it to do all sky imaging with a ZWO ASI120MC - and need to subtract darks.

Thanks

David

*I realise its not much - just not going to pay it ? - I realise there's reasons why its worth it - just don't want to pay for it - just looking for an alternative that's free.

7 minutes ago, David_L said:

Anyone find an alternative for Sharpcap now that you have to pay for it?*

As far as i know, you only have to pay for Sharpcap pro,

you can still download the free to use version

Thanks Charl - I used to have firecapture - I'll have a look

As for the free version of Sharpcap - you can't use dark the dark subtraction feature the I found so useful before - not paying for it ?

David

(actually Sharpcap is so good I see why they're charging what is a nominal sum - but I'm not paying it lol)

1 minute ago, david_taurus83 said:

Not to pry on your objection to paying but do you really think it's not worth the tenner for 14 months?

Thanks for not prying ?

just looking for alternatives here ?

10 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

firecapture is free. charl

Just had a look at FireCapture - it's changed a lot since I first received it with my QHY8 OSC back in 2010 ?

Looks great and does exactly what I want it to - and its free ? 

Thanks for your help Charl

David

1 hour ago, David_L said:

Just had a look at FireCapture - it's changed a lot since I first received it with my QHY8 OSC back in 2010 ?

Looks great and does exactly what I want it to - and its free ? 

Thanks for your help Charl

David

+1 for Firecapture. I use this program for planets, lunar and solar captures... stills or time lapse captures... My other alternative is IC Capture or iCap as it's now known since Celestron joined with imaging source.

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

+1 for Firecapture. I use this program for planets, lunar and solar captures... stills or time lapse captures... My other alternative is IC Capture or iCap as it's now known since Celestron joined with imaging source.

Cool ? I'll check those out too - really glad I asked this question here now - great advice and I've found a free alternative - however, there is a donation page on FireCapture I intend to use, I often contribute to apps/podcasts etc. that are supplied for free ? 

David

2 hours ago, David_L said:

Cool ? I'll check those out too - really glad I asked this question here now - great advice and I've found a free alternative - however, there is a donation page on FireCapture I intend to use, I often contribute to apps/podcasts etc. that are supplied for free ? 

David

So paying £10 for software is not for you, instead, you will make a donation to those offering free software.  An interesting approach I  have to say.

35 minutes ago, wornish said:

So paying £10 for software is not for you, instead, you will make a donation to those offering free software.  An interesting approach I  have to say.

Thanks, I think so ?

Great to find a free alternative that works for me, and thanks again to those who've contributed to the search ? 

Not sure how much I'll donate for the use of FireCapture, but it will be once, not annually ? ....if I donate at all. Nice choice to have.

David

1 hour ago, wornish said:

...oh, and I forgot to add...I had donated to Sharpcap in the past when it was free ?

David

Archived