Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Tongans101

Hi from a newbie

Hi everyone. I've been an astronomy nut for ages but finally got a telescope this Christmas just gone. A basic Celestron Astromaster 130eq with the lens kit and a mobile phone mount. I suspect there are a lot of answers to my questions on here so I will do some searches and see what I can find. My main clear photo is of course the moon taken on my Samsung galaxy S8 using a 15mm lens on the celestron. I will attempt more shots of other objects. Currently here in Australia, Jupiter and Venus are up around 4am in the east so there is a lot of light polution coming from Sydney and that's the other photo Jupiter and 4 moons.

20190118_212907.jpg

20190122_191726.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Splendid lunar mobile phone shot on the 130EQ.....Have you a barlow that you can use on the moon and planets with your setup?

Klitwo

• Like 1

Very Nice, Welcome to SGL 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome. Have fun. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Lounge. Also, very nice images and congratulations on your first steps into astro photography 😎

Steve

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Klitwo said:

Splendid lunar mobile phone shot on the 130EQ.....Have you a barlow that you can use on the moon and planets with your setup?

Klitwo

Thanks. Yep I have a Barlow. Going to experiment tonight as we have a 98% moon coming up at 2130 with another cloudless Sydney sky following a 34°C day. Expecting a bit of shimmer from the heat still in the air.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy your time with us, nice image's, see

you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Hi and welcome.

Some wonderful people around here, am sure you will have an awesome time.

Clear skies.

Richard

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. Nice first photos

Welcome to the SGL and thanks for sharing those first photos. Always love seeing Jupiter and its moons. Never gets old peering through the scope (or bins!) and seeing that image. 

21 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Welcome  could you rotate your photos they’re upside down 😂🤣😂

There's always one.....I'm actually from the UK. Moved to Australia 16 yrs ago. The view of the Milkyway is quite spectacular from the southern hemisphere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tongans101 said:

There's always one.....I'm actually from the UK. Moved to Australia 16 yrs ago. The view of the Milkyway is quite spectacular from the southern hemisphere.

Sorry it had to be said surprised nobody beat me to it lols 👍

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1