SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from a newbie

Tongans101

Hi everyone. I've been an astronomy nut for ages but finally got a telescope this Christmas just gone. A basic Celestron Astromaster 130eq with the lens kit and a mobile phone mount. I suspect there are a lot of answers to my questions on here so I will do some searches and see what I can find. My main clear photo is of course the moon taken on my Samsung galaxy S8 using a 15mm lens on the celestron. I will attempt more shots of other objects. Currently here in Australia, Jupiter and Venus are up around 4am in the east so there is a lot of light polution coming from Sydney and that's the other photo Jupiter and 4 moons.

20190118_212907.jpg

20190122_191726.jpg

56 minutes ago, Klitwo said:

Splendid lunar mobile phone shot on the 130EQ.....Have you a barlow that you can use on the moon and planets with your setup?

Klitwo

Thanks. Yep I have a Barlow. Going to experiment tonight as we have a 98% moon coming up at 2130 with another cloudless Sydney sky following a 34°C day. Expecting a bit of shimmer from the heat still in the air.

21 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Welcome  could you rotate your photos they’re upside down ???

There's always one.....I'm actually from the UK. Moved to Australia 16 yrs ago. The view of the Milkyway is quite spectacular from the southern hemisphere.

Archived