Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FTX Enhancements

Rainmaker

Those here with Charles Riddell's FTX mounts might be interested in my recent acquisition.  A friend was downsizing his kit so I bought his standard FTX mount.

I wanted a 'D' series saddle clamp to match with the dovetails I already have and had one of Robin Casady's Tak NJP saddles in the cupboard.  I adapted this using a borrowed custom adapter.

I also made a new 'L' shaped handle to replace the original straight wooden grip version.  

After discussing with Serge Antonov of Astro Devices ideas for a high resolution magnetic encoder system we came up with the pictured kit which I installed yesterday.

The encoders of 311K resolution and the reader housing Serge made for me are a direct Plug&Play fitment to the existing mounting holes on the FTX mount....

Now I just need to get some clear nights to test it all.  I  plan to use my little binoculars on the mount....

Thanks for looking, hope this might give ideas to FTX users,

Matt in very hot (100ºF +) Canberra

MIS_6956.jpg

MIS_6982.jpg

MIS_6983.jpg

MIS_6940.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived