SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Was "Oumuamua" An Alien Space Probe?

It would seem to me to be somewhat illogical for an advanced race of aliens (if they exist) to travel a few light years just to frolic in the Earth's atmosphere, buzz a few corn fields and scare a few cows or pass through our entire solar system unnoticed without making some kind of direct contact.  That would seem to be quite a waste of thier resources to do so.  I would think they would have prepared the way just a bit with some kind of advance notice.  That would seem to be a more logical possibility than to just cruise a few light years in a spacecraft powered by an advanced alien technology just to hover over a gas station or a Dairy Queen in Rachel, Nevada for a half an hour before disappearing back into the blackness of outerspace again never to be seen again....

But then again who can really predict what would happen "if" advanced aliens (if they exist) decide to land on planet Earth....right J-Rod?

P.S.  The only so-called "Aliens" that we know of for sure that currently exist in the galaxy are those that live on planet Earth who call themselves "Humans".  Intelligent? That's a question that is yet to be determined.

Klitwo

Hey Gort.PNG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think any species that could send probes with undetectable scanning technologies to neighboring star systems would be well advanced beyond what is our very limited industrial and computer age as well as they would have cell regeneration technologies and have concured perpetual gene lifespan capabilities or as to say immortality...and would not be as subject to time or the loss of knowlege due to it as our species has been subject. I would predict a species of this sort would consider earth about as important as the least obvious grain of sand on the beach of your choosing, beyond that such an alien race would likely only be interested in the harvesting of resources as we would have little to offer them otherwise. We should hope no such probe was ever sent, likely though it was just a shard of panetary wreckage...

On 21/01/2019 at 08:21, Klitwo said:

Hard to say.....but one thing is for sure is that this Harvard astronomer thinks so....>

Yes of course it was a space ship manned by very intelligent beings because they knew better not to stop here! ?

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Any species capable of crossing interstellar space would be vegetarian. The carbon footprint of a meat eating population means it just isn't sustainable on the timescale required.

Not so sure, there is always Soylent Green or cannibalism...

Alan

8 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Another so-called theory about it's true nature to toss in the "Hypothetical Pot" of theories about "Oumuamua".....The only real scientific way to truly understand it's true nature is to send a probe out to observe it first-hand.  Unfortunately...at a speed approaching 200,000mph and leaving the solar system...it's probably a good bet that's not going to happen.

P.S.  The mystery of "Oumuamua" gives astronomers, scientists and science-fictionists the opportunity to write yet another so-called scientific paper about another astronomical mystery where science can only "hypothesize" about it's true nature and origin.  And so far to date into the strange mystery of "Oumuamua"...that has been case and probably will be for a long long time.

Klitwo

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 02:21, Klitwo said:

Hard to say.....but one thing is for sure is that this Harvard astronomer thinks so....>

https://www.ancient-code.com/harvard-astronomer-still-believes-oumuamua-may-have-been-an-alien-space-probe/

Any thoughts on this possibilty? Wishful thinking is O.K. too.

Klitwo

Oumuamua.PNG

An update.....He's convinced!  It's Alien.....>1f47d[1].png

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/harvards-top-astronomer-says-an-alien-ship-may-be-among-us-—-and-he-doesnt-care-what-his-colleagues-think/ar-BBTaWxw?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=AARDHP

Klitwo

3 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Kerching 

Regards Andrew 

I guess tne best way to find out for sure what "Oumuamua" really is....is to catch up to it before it leaves the solar system...snap a few closeup images and send them back to NASA.  Of course with it's outbound speed approaching 200Kmph...it may be a little difficult to play "catch up" at this point.....

Klitwo

29 minutes ago, Klitwo said:

I guess tne best way to find out for sure what "Oumuamua" really is....is to catch up to it before it leaves the solar system...snap a few closeup images and send them back to NASA.  Of course with it's outbound speed approaching 200Kmph...it may be a little difficult to play "catch up" at this point.....

Klitwo

Unfortunatly I don't  think there is any realistic chance of that happening. 

Regards Andrew 

A far out possibility would be to "hit" the reverse thrusters on the "New Horizons" spacecraft currently hanging out with the "Snowman" asteroid "Ultima Thule" and aim it in the direction of "Oumuamua" which is just passing through the outer margin of Jupiter's orbit as we speak.  Once the "New Horizons" spacecraft approaches "Oumuamua" as it's passing out of the solar system....at some appropriate distance let NASA take it from there and start taking some images of it.....Mavybe then astronomers and scientists will have thier answer.

Klitwo

With the continuas discovery of dangerous asteroids just pryor to or after near misses with earth and now interstellar unidentified objects IUO's zipping through one would think just maybe it's time to prepare a fleet of intercepter craft for the destruction and or trajectory reorientation of these possible humanity enders, seems to me at least this should take priority over manned missions as policing our system for the safety and security of life may be technology better spent at least for now...

Plenty of time for human travel to the moon and planets once the system security has been upgraded...

Just Sayin ?

Ongoing speculation in the scientific community remains just like here on SGL as to the nature of this interstellar trespasser, now it's proclaimed to possibly be a comets corpse. Certainly the most interesting object we haven't seen but discovered to date...

https://www.space.com/43229-oumuamua-monstrous-fluffy-comet-dust.html

Unfortunately it's all speculation and conjecture at this point.  Unless NASA sends a probe out at breakneck speed to image it at a reasonable close distance....we'll never know what the true nature of "Oumuamua" really is.  If it is "cometary" in nature" or even a fragment of an ancient asteroid or whatever....guessing as to what "Oumuamua" could be....as interesting as it may be is not going to solve the mystery.  "If" in fact it has an "Alien" origin....we should try and find out for sure before it leaves our solar system....otherwise, we may have missed our chance to solve the mystery of "Oumuamua" forever.

Klitwo

18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I think it's a giant courgette. I suspect the evidence for this hypothesis is as robust as that for it being anything else that is long and thin.

Don't be silly it's a cucumber.

Regards Andrew 

2 minutes ago, Macavity said:

Another vote for "We will never know". It is intriguing that some scientists
calculated stuff... wrote PAPERS about the "anomalous acceleration" etc. ?
The perennial difficulty for science... people expect things to 100% certain? 

Yes, look how long it took to explain the anomalous motion of the Voyager space craft and we new in exquisite detail what they were.

Regards Andrew 

8 minutes ago, andrew s said:
27 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I think it's a giant courgette. I suspect the evidence for this hypothesis is as robust as that for it being anything else that is long and thin.

Don't be silly it's a cucumber.

Regards Andrew 

Perhaps we will never know the truth.

It could be a foil-wrapped zuchinni...

Archived