Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 16200 Fan Noise

ejdavis

Hello,

I  purchased an Atik 16200 camera about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, due to bad weather and a couple of personal issues taking up my time I have only been able to use it a couple of times.

Today,I was trying out a new power supply and I noticed that the noise from the fan varies somewhat, presumably indicating a change of speed. The camera appears to be cooling OK and it takes a shot OK. I have only owned one previous fan cooled camera and on that camera the fan always ran at a constant speed. So my question to anyone out there who has an Atik 16200 is: Does the fan speed on yours also vary or is it constant? I have checked the new power supply voltage and it seems to be constant.

Thanks for looking.

On 20/01/2019 at 21:50, ejdavis said:

Hello,

I  purchased an Atik 16200 camera about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, due to bad weather and a couple of personal issues taking up my time I have only been able to use it a couple of times.

Today,I was trying out a new power supply and I noticed that the noise from the fan varies somewhat, presumably indicating a change of speed. The camera appears to be cooling OK and it takes a shot OK. I have only owned one previous fan cooled camera and on that camera the fan always ran at a constant speed. So my question to anyone out there who has an Atik 16200 is: Does the fan speed on yours also vary or is it constant? I have checked the new power supply voltage and it seems to be constant.

Thanks for looking.

I've not noticed the fan speed vary on mine but it is one of the very early ones so this may have changed in later models.

As noted above, drop Vince a line, he gets back pretty quickly.

Archived