Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Miguel1983

Full moon M42

Hi,

i'm currently imaging M42, the plan was to image M81 & M82 with the Moon&Skyglow filter, but the light from the moon overexposed my testshot, so i decided not to put in the effort.

However, i also have the STC Duo Narrowband laying around so i'm giving this a go at M42, maybe i can use my previous data as a luminance layer when processing.

Anyway, my gear is still running, so for now i have some pictures of the work in progress

IMG_6994.thumb.JPG.4e80c6f55ecd91d095314b9c6f3958a6.JPG

1566602531_Schermafbeelding2019-01-20om20_28_46.thumb.png.9a5e2fd3856b3a293213bb816334aed4.png

1881648443_Schermafbeelding2019-01-20om20_23_18.thumb.png.bef1ec2c3d9b9c708166abeac6d3316e.png

Edited by Miguel1983
  • Like 5

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Stunning red colors.

"Work in progress"? Man, you're done!

Please re-post when you're done. This should be good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, George Gearless said:

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Stunning red colors.

"Work in progress"? Man, you're done!

Please re-post when you're done. This should be good.

I'm using a duo Narrowband filter, it only passes Ha (red) and Oiii (green), that's why it look a bit reddish.

At the moment i'm in the stacking process, will post my result in a bit.

I've got 30 5min light frames so 2,5h total exposure , 10 dark frames, 100 bias and 100 flat.

Jeeezus heich Krajst!

Now I have something to shoot for. The processed one is ready for National Geographic. I doubt it can be improved upon. I certainly can't.

Love it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Gearless said:

Jeeezus heich Krajst!

Now I have something to shoot for. The processed one is ready for National Geographic. I doubt it can be improved upon. I certainly can't.

Love it.

Thanks, but believe me, there is a lot more in M42 than what I’ve got here, keeps me motivated 😉