SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help please

Hello 

I really need help. I have a Bresser Messier 1200mm scope and I have been using it fine. Tonight I have gone to set it up and the Dec handle has come off in my hand. The bolt that runs through has shearered off?? I have no idea what to do is this fixable?? 

Help please 

5921F539-4691-4118-A43B-E532C45DB00F.jpeg

62293F70-4EA8-4DCD-9B69-48CCD90F3776.jpeg

If it was bent as received you might try for a replacement under warranty.

I was looking for a picture of the general area where the other broken part is. I suspect its broken off flush with the housing but it would help if this could be shown.

18 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

If it was bent as received you might try for a replacement under warranty.

I was looking for a picture of the general area where the other broken part is. I suspect its broken off flush with the housing but it would help if this could be shown.

This is the best photo I can get. 

A53FDA52-C850-46D4-9788-8EF3FB6E5725.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Pic to show whole thing, looks more like the RA adjuster ?

Dave

Bresser.PNG.6062a100752d4bca53739dab04dadbe0.PNG

Ah I’m so bad at all this I thought the longer one was for RA and shorter is for Dec anyway regardless it’s still broken and no idea if it can be repaired!! 

1 minute ago, Sarahperry said:

Ah I’m so bad at all this I thought the longer one was for RA and shorter is for Dec anyway regardless it’s still broken and no idea if it can be repaired!! 

Don't worry about that, it took me ages to remember which was which :grin:

So as mentioned it's probably got a worm drive on the end of it so not really a DIY fix, Bresser have pretty good customer service in my experience so worth contacting them as it can certainly be fixed.

Did you say if it was new or second hand ?

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Don't worry about that, it took me ages to remember which was which :grin:

So as mentioned it's probably got a worm drive on the end of it so not really a DIY fix, Bresser have pretty good customer service in my experience so worth contacting them as it can certainly be fixed.

Did you say if it was new or second hand ?

Dave

It's new and the brass bit was bent when I got but thought it was normal. I will contact them tomorrow x

I doubt that it could be mended but a replacement item could be fitted, not a job for someone inexperienced. As it was received bent then I think there was a good case for a complete mount replacement under warranty.   ?

Archived