Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Finally getting somewhere I'm happy(ish) with


Recommended Posts

Super excited at my first doublet refractor. My previous scopes were the ST80 and ST102T, both of which were great for what they were and fab for cutting my teeth on, but this little puppy...okay I know it's not an ED100 Esprit but that'll come in time (not on THIS mount tho!!)

Set of EQ5 legs, SW SA, SW ED72 DS-pro, with 9x50 finder and ZWO ASI 120mm acting as guiding solution (RA only of course), and modded 450D. Just about balances so I'm guessing I'm at the top end of the mount's weight limits. As you can guess I'm a bit an SW fangirl ? Didn't realise the 9x50 was such a beast tho! ?

Most of this supplied by FLO, who as always have been completely fab ♥️

20190120_082034.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, adyj1 said:

You are certainly making the most of that mount!

Is that an EQ5 tripod that came with the correct screw for the SA wedge, or did you modify it? 

Ady

Its the one that came with the right fitting :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 20/01/2019 at 12:25, Maxrayne said:

Super excited at my first doublet refractor. My previous scopes were the ST80 and ST102T, both of which were great for what they were and fab for cutting my teeth on, but this little puppy...okay I know it's not an ED100 Esprit but that'll come in time (not on THIS mount tho!!)

Set of EQ5 legs, SW SA, SW ED72 DS-pro, with 9x50 finder and ZWO ASI 120mm acting as guiding solution (RA only of course), and modded 450D. Just about balances so I'm guessing I'm at the top end of the mount's weight limits. As you can guess I'm a bit an SW fangirl ? Didn't realise the 9x50 was such a beast tho! ?

Most of this supplied by FLO, who as always have been completely fab ♥️

20190120_082034.jpg

Did you try this out yet, what kind of results are you getting?

Mine is nowhere close to balanced in ra or dec with an asi1600 on the back and it showed up as very rapid drift, especially in dec...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimjam11 said:

Did you try this out yet, what kind of results are you getting?

Mine is nowhere close to balanced in ra or dec with an asi1600 on the back and it showed up as very rapid drift, especially in dec...

Slightly less than 3 hours with this setup although non guiding as it kept dumping the camera for some reason. Was getting up to 90 seconds at one point though which I'm happy with. Added an extra counterweight to help with the balance. She's a little east heavy but I'm fine with that

LRM_EXPORT_65336164858312_20190312_235945524.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimjam11 said:
8 hours ago, jimjam11 said:

That's a great result. Where did you get the extra counterweight from?

 

A place called Black Frame Optics. They're online and on FB. The extra cw is a little... unusual...but it works for me ?

20190220_002214.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Maxrayne said:

A place called Black Frame Optics. They're online and on FB. The extra cw is a little... unusual...but it works for me ?

I think you meant Dark Frame Optics https://www.darkframeoptics.com/product/bodai-global-cloverfour-silver

How are you slewing to your targets as I'm not aware that the SA has a slewing facility, but would like to be proved wrong?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jkulin said:

I think you meant Dark Frame Optics https://www.darkframeoptics.com/product/bodai-global-cloverfour-silver

How are you slewing to your targets as I'm not aware that the SA has a slewing facility, but would like to be proved wrong?

Sorry, yes, you're absolutely right (was late and I'd just done a 13 hour shift.) 

Slewing the old fashioned way, ie by hand, lining up in the finder and guide cam and then removing the finder

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Nice looking setup and what a cool counterweight system, ideal for travelling although I think mine would loose weight rapidly through the night :drunken_smilie:

Alan

Thankfully not yet run into that issue, although I'm anticipating it come warm summer nights lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marmo720 said:

Nice setup and lovely image. I look forward to seeing more :)

I am building my setup now and it will be similar so nice to see what can be achieved.

Awww cool. You'll have to post it up once you've got it done ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Maxrayne said:

Awww cool. You'll have to post it up once you've got it done ??

Will do :) 

I am slowly building boxes in my flat - much to the annoyance of my other half. Luckily, the remaining boxes are small enough to hide away when I get them ?

Also, I checked your website. Very touching and amazing journey for you and family. All the best from me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marmo720 said:

Will do :) 

I am slowly building boxes in my flat - much to the annoyance of my other half. Luckily, the remaining boxes are small enough to hide away when I get them ?

Also, I checked your website. Very touching and amazing journey for you and family. All the best from me.

Hehe thankfully I don't have that issue ?

And thank you so much ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.