Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkySafari 6Pro Sale.

Paul M

2 hours ago, Pig said:

How much is it in the offer Paul, I can find at least 3 different prices ? The cheapest around £25.

The flyer didn't give a price. I guess it's different prices in different countries and different platforms. I already have it so didn't go to Google play store to look. I paid £25 or so for it last year.

I find it odd that the SkySafari 6.0 Plus (7.99) and SkySafari 6.0 Pro (£24.99) product descriptions in the Apple Store no longer state the number of celestial objects available in each respective database.  

I have never bothered with upgrading to the Pro version because I once calculated that if I observed five NEW objects per night; for ten nights per month; it would take me over 100 years to merely exhaust the Plus database. Many of the extra objects are also of a magnitude beyond the range of most amateur telescopes.  Begs the question then, are the extra features in Pro worth the extra £17? I reckon 'Plus' is plentiful for 99% of people in these Forums. 

Archived