SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 2244

vdb

Great rendition, but what's with defocus? It's not even subtle one.

At first I thought it was due to field curvature or something, because it can be best seen in corners, and then I thought it was one of the channels, but there seems to be defocused stars of various colors (some red, some blue).

I think It's not defocus,

I did not shoot RGB stars, so you have the typical magenta rings due to OIII stars being bigger, so I just did a rough desaturation of magenta, which gives that defocussed looks nut actually it's filled with magenta in the step before I did the desaturation.

/Yves

6 minutes ago, vdb said:

I think It's not defocus,

I did not shoot RGB stars, so you have the typical magenta rings due to OIII stars being bigger, so I just did a rough desaturation of magenta, which gives that defocussed looks nut actually it's filled with magenta in the step before I did the desaturation.

/Yves

Quite possible, it did look odd, almost too perfect "out of focus" patterns, and having some be red, while others yellow, white and blue did confuse me quite a bit.

Archived