Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Jbro1985

Celestron Motor Focuser SCT

I think these are pretty new and maybe not readily available in Europe yet (not sure), but does anyone got any experience of these?  https://optcorp.com/products/celestron-focus-motor-for-sct-and-edgehd-telescopes

I am not sure whether to give it a try or stick to my original plan with the Pegasus Focus Cube, which I imagine is probably better and the more flexible option.  

Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD Telescopes

The advantage of the Celestron focuser over the Pegasus is that it connects directly to the shaft and does not pull the focus shaft to the side like with other systems.

I am using the adapted Skywtacher focuser (see pic below) but will likely change to the Celestron focuser when available in Europe.

focus.jpg

Edited by ginandtonic
  • Like 1

JMI another sct focus option works good.  Has option of either handheld controller that comes with or pc focus control accessory which is what I use most often. 

Screenshot (96) - Copy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the geared SW drive system on my C11 for few years, no issues, no drama.

The opportunity of buying a s/h JMI allowed me to change from hand controller to the PC - remote focusing. Works 110%

• Thanks 1

Is the JMI ascom?  I use SGP to automate.  At present, I have a moonlite on my refractor and I am looking to replicate that level of automation of the SCT.  The issue with focusers on the visual back is a lack of back focus for me, otherwise that would be the simplest answer!