Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Motor Focuser SCT

Jbro1985

I think these are pretty new and maybe not readily available in Europe yet (not sure), but does anyone got any experience of these?  https://optcorp.com/products/celestron-focus-motor-for-sct-and-edgehd-telescopes

I am not sure whether to give it a try or stick to my original plan with the Pegasus Focus Cube, which I imagine is probably better and the more flexible option.  

Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD Telescopes

The advantage of the Celestron focuser over the Pegasus is that it connects directly to the shaft and does not pull the focus shaft to the side like with other systems.

I am using the adapted Skywtacher focuser (see pic below) but will likely change to the Celestron focuser when available in Europe.

focus.jpg

Is the JMI ascom?  I use SGP to automate.  At present, I have a moonlite on my refractor and I am looking to replicate that level of automation of the SCT.  The issue with focusers on the visual back is a lack of back focus for me, otherwise that would be the simplest answer!

Archived