Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroSystems

hi ...as you know i recently joined the group having bought 3 tal scopes different models....today i been offered an Astro Systems 10 inch refletor OTA only..both mirrors the flat and main are in good order it looks like a older model in a big greyish silver tube..so no lense for it the focuser is working good too....would I be wise to buy it  and I do have a spare tal 2 mount would i be able to attach it to this mount maybe with a few mods..ive posted a pic looks like  it will need a finder scope..thanks for you advice in advance ..phil

rxLAtuDJ8QWpvDEgwDmQ.jpg

Hello Phil.

I was a director of AstroSystems and can confirm that all telescopes made by the company were excellent and in the main used optics made by David Hinds, arguably the best mirror maker of the day. They tended to be reasonably lightweight for their aperture, the one shown is most likely to be the 10" F4.3 model.   ?

Thanks Peter cant wait to get it lol Im sure the tal mount will support they built like tanks too.....if not i will have to try invest in a suitable mount second hand if poss ...also will my tal lenses eyepieces work ok in it as thats all i have at moment tal 100r, tal 2 and the tal 1 lense barlow a 3x barlow etc

Archived