Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First lunar shot with a telescope

smr

Hi all,

Thought I'd have a go imaging the moon with my telescope - previous imaging was with a now sold Sigma 150-600mm, so with my telescope being 432mm I'm losing some reach, but I'm still pleasantly surprised by the results, even cropped in, ISO 400 1/1000th, aperture f5.9. 

Moon-jpeg.thumb.jpg.a9a0524820d480def81a86634af72c51.jpg

Moon.tif

Your welcome SMR...been such a crisp beautiful sunny day up here nr Blackpool ...built my hopes up for a serious night of star gazing with the Tal scopes ...sods law..clouds have rolled in and thats it another wasted night ..cant believe it lol

Just now, phil bod said:

Your welcome SMR...been such a crisp beautiful sunny day up here nr Blackpool ...built my hopes up for a serious night of star gazing with the Tal scopes ...sods law..clouds have rolled in and thats it another wasted night ..cant believe it lol

lol i've been thinking the same thing, i think if you think its going to be cloudy all the better if they dont roll in. Today I've been expecting clouds from this afternoon and in teh evening but so far its been clear skies all day. 

only thing is as much as i love the moon it makes imaging what I really want to almost impossible, nebulae etc. until i get a modded dslr and ha filters anyway!

Its a tough life having astronomy for a hobbie so many things to stop us having a good star gazing night..as much as i love the moon too ...when its bright so hard for me to see the fainter objects...not really got a chance to see anything for 4 weeks since i got these tal telescope apart from a pidgeon in a tree lol

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Nice photo. I assume from your signature you used the WO73?. did you need to barlow for image scale at all?.

Rob

Thanks, yes the WO73, I didn't use a barlow no.

Archived