Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Fozzie

Lunar Eclipse 21st January 19

On 21/01/2019 at 13:05, Davey-T said:

Stayed up all night, only had a couple of hours sleep so a bit knackered.

Started clear, clouded over midway and had a few clear patches at totality, never seemed to go completely dark red all over.

Quick JPEG from camera will look at others later

Dave

Eclipse.thumb.png.77d6616696671fdc6ceadb01deb2dff8.png

Worth the wait DT. It's a beaut.to boot. Sure is a deep red this one. I'm afraid the frost crippled my endeavour, and it's such a long wait till the next Total.

Ron.

Posted (edited)
On 17/01/2019 at 08:54, Fozzie said:

So who's going to brave the early morning cold to see this.. I'm being forecasted clear sky's over north Leeds (for now).. I've also got the day of work too..

Yes, I went out and shot pictures with my Canon SLR. Had to go out, take a few shots, come in and get warm, then back out 10 minutes later...on and on...The local air temp (in Michigan) was 15 F. below zero (-26 C) and breezy, while standing in a foot of snow. Got great images, up until when the moon was fully eclipsed. Those images showed only a black sky. My ISO, aperture and shutter changes obviously made no difference at that stage.

Edited by Can always make it better