Matter where LP filter is in train ?

Last deep sky try with this set up I guided via finder scope, the result were elongated stars due to sct mirror moving over course of evening.  Hoping guiding thru OAG fixes this along with occasionally checking focus.

Found 2" Baader click lock off Herschel solar prism screws on sct f6.3 reducer. Nice randomly trying bits together finding they fit.  Now have proper spacing to reducer, similar distance chip to chip with OAG & nearly similar focus between cameras.  Guide cam stars won't be pin point but read that's not necessarily a bad thing when guiding. 

Should LP filter go before broadband filters, after or does it matter ? I can add 1.25" LP filter inside ccd or 2" LP filter before filter wheel or after.  Both same Orion sky glow filter.

My fifth filter is 7nm ha, LP filter says it allows narrow band to pass thru.  Will LP filter help, hinder or do nothing for 7nm ha filter?

Light pollution is only bad to South but happens to be next target been waiting to image for awhile now.

Thanks & clear skies !

b2c - Copy.jpg

My LP filter is housed within my focuser unit so before my broadband & NB filters. Not had any issues yet. The plus point of adding the LP filter inside the focuser, is that it doesn't use any of the precious back focus distance.

Steve

13 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

My LP filter is housed within my focuser unit so before my broadband & NB filters. Not had any issues yet. The plus point of adding the LP filter inside the focuser, is that it doesn't use any of the precious back focus distance.

Steve

Not sure a filter can go into a sct focuser, its the spinney knob on top but will try it before like you suggest.

Archived