SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which Nikon binos should I get? Beginner.

Saraneth

On 19/01/2019 at 10:41, Saraneth said:

It's a bit late now but I'm thinking I should have got the 12x50 Action EX since they have aspherical lenses and the 10x50 don't. I was just worried about handheld shakiness.
I also read that given the 12x50's lower field of view the amount of undistorted space you can see in both is about the same.
Honestly though, if I had got them I would be here saying the exact same thing about the 10x50's and how I wish I got them... lol

Still waiting for them to arrive. Damn weekend. Hurry up Monday! Or maybe Tuesday...

Edit: Just read that page you linked. That's crazy that they can lie like that. Really does pay to ask people at places like this before you buy.

Edit 2: Which issue of the mag did you do the comparison in? I see I can do a trial subscription for 2 months for 99p.

10x50 is fine. 12x50 is too much magnification for most people hand-held, & hence too shaky.

Re Edit 2: Dec 2018. PM incoming...

On 20/01/2019 at 04:59, Saraneth said:

I'm actually thinking of getting this monopod next week to go with the binos. https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/collections/tripods/products/velbon-up-400dx-monopod

Check that the leg clamps are adjustable before you buy it. The top one in particular gets a lot of use when you use it with binos, and they have a tendency to slacken, so you need to be able to tighten it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:42, Klitwo said:

Excellent choice and at a good price too.   Looks like you're going to be looking up soon....with your new 10x50s.

Enjoy!

Klitwo

For your future Monopod reference...here are some Amazon.com reviews for the Velbon UP-400DX Monopod priced at :$41.08+ $7.97 shipping....>

https://www.amazon.com/Velbon-UP-400DX-Section-Aluminum-Quick-Release/product-reviews/B002ZQ6UD8

Klitwo

Archived