Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tooth_dr

DLSR Rosette Nebula

Sifting through unprocessed data.  This is a total of 3 hours of data on the Rosette using two Canon cameras = modded 1000d and unmodded 40d (90 minutes each).

Processed in APP and PS.  I've never had much luck with this object and pushed it a bit far.  If I get a chance I'll grab some lum with my CCD and use this as colour.

Thanks for looking

Adam.

St-avg-10800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-St-medsat.jpg

• Like 19

44 minutes ago, AstroAndy said:

If I had this much luck with this object, I´d be happy.

Haha I know what you are saying. What I mean was this was taking during a big moon and other nights I’ve tried it it’s got cloudy. I don’t seem to have much luck capturing it 🙈

Looking good some great detail and the star colours are lovely. This is certainly one I'll be having a go at when I finally have some stars to look at. It's been nearly 2 months here in Desborough.

Edited by whatablanker
  • Like 1

Since I have a side by side comparison of modded and unmodded Canon DSLRs, and this inclement weather, I thought I would post the stacked data out of APP, with DPP applied.

Quite interesting.  I have a few more comparisons I can do when I get the time :D

Canon_comparison_rosette.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice image.... 

the modded vs unmodded comparison look very similar...

• Like 2

Apologies i missed this post. Very impressive images  and good comparisons Adam. Thanks for sharing. Me thinking not to modi

Nice one,the two are very similar......probably down to dark skies.

Edited by paul mc c

OOps pressed wrong burtton🙄 I ment not to modify my 70d.

Cheers

Dean