Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tooth_dr

DLSR Rosette Nebula

Sifting through unprocessed data.  This is a total of 3 hours of data on the Rosette using two Canon cameras = modded 1000d and unmodded 40d (90 minutes each).

Processed in APP and PS.  I've never had much luck with this object and pushed it a bit far.  If I get a chance I'll grab some lum with my CCD and use this as colour.

Thanks for looking

Adam.

St-avg-10800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-St-medsat.jpg

• Like 14

If I had this much luck with this object, I´d be happy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AstroAndy said:

If I had this much luck with this object, I´d be happy.

Haha I know what you are saying. What I mean was this was taking during a big moon and other nights I’ve tried it it’s got cloudy. I don’t seem to have much luck capturing it 🙈

Looking good some great detail and the star colours are lovely. This is certainly one I'll be having a go at when I finally have some stars to look at. It's been nearly 2 months here in Desborough.

Edited by whatablanker
  • Like 1

Since I have a side by side comparison of modded and unmodded Canon DSLRs, and this inclement weather, I thought I would post the stacked data out of APP, with DPP applied.

Quite interesting.  I have a few more comparisons I can do when I get the time :D

Canon_comparison_rosette.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice image.... 

the modded vs unmodded comparison look very similar...

• Like 1