Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Knighty2112

COMPLETED - Celestron Advanced VX goto Mount - Sold

As I am scaling back my astronomy for various reasons, I am putting up for sale the Celestron Advanced VX goto Mount I bought off Ade Ashford (Yes, That Ade Ashford) last July. In excellent condition (Ade only used it for testing aparently), and with not much more use off me this is a cracking mount. Since buying it I have upgraded the stock original Celestron puck with a new puck that allowed an ADM Vixen style saddle to be fitted to make for a far more better connection with the dovetail bar on the telescope OTA for security. If this new puck and saddle is not required by the buyer, I can refit the original Celestron puck. With this in mind I am offering two buying options; 

a) with the original Celestron puck fitted to mount for £440

b) with new puck and ADM saddle fitted for £490

Due to size and weight this would have to be by either collection, or meet up depending on distance of course, so PM to discuss best option if possible.

Away for work until late this Friday, so can only post stock image up for now. 

Any questions please ask.

Gus :) 

now sold

181B2227-A3A6-43ED-8989-3460E43432C0.thumb.jpeg.75be601ea39c968b52438743ea953de1.jpeg

Edited by Knighty2112

Hi gus pm sent

Replied. :) 

Still available folks! :) 

Hi, I'm guessing from the dress and up North, you are proper North where I am fully South West.  I take it this is still collection only....

6 hours ago, kaney777 said:

Hi, I'm guessing from the dress and up North, you are proper North where I am fully South West.  I take it this is still collection only....

PM sent.

4 hours ago, 8472 said:

PMed

PM’ed back! :) 

Forgot to mention this will also come with a polar scope which I fitted to the mount for more accurate polar alignments, and also with a Celestron Skyportal for WIFI connection to th emount. I used to use my iPad with Skysafari app to control the mount.

Sale pending.

Mount now sold. Many thanks! 

• Thanks 1