Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

MattJenko

Long time coming Veil

Feels like an eternity since I posted last, had an enforced break from astronomy due to work and travel commitments, but finally managed to get round to pulling a summers effort off the data gathering setup to process to see where I have gotten with with this target. I have always wanted to image this and do it justice, so no half measures, and this is just 1 filter of what will eventually be a 2 panel mosaic (I hope), so here is what I have to date. I also hope my imaging time will be more this year now I am a bit more settled.

The Veil. no introduction needed for this target.

TS60ED. ASI1600. Chroma Ha nm. AzEQ6:  75 x 5 mins, all maunged in PixInsight.

Veil_Ha_wip.jpg

• Like 15

Good to see you back Matt, look forward to seeing more. ?

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have missed my astronomy, although as I have heard many times on this forum, the stars will still be there when one does get the chances to look up!