SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher AZ-GTi / Nikon P900 question

Hello all, I have a question regarding AZ-GTi / Nikon P900 mounting, purchased this last week with the bracket shown ('L' brackets not available until end of Feb). The camera sits on top OK but i'm thinking the camera lens needs to be on the axis centre line. The black mount can be inverted and fitted to enable the camera to be on the axis, fitted the correct way up but the position of the P900 mounting screw is on the extreme left hand underside of the camera... I'm guessing in this config I would need to update the firmware to 'Right hand' operation? Is it possible to only use the mount in right hand mode ? I have no idea about the equatorial part of the firmware upgrade so can I just use this setup in right hand only mode? Sorry if this is rambling on a bit, or does it make no difference if the lens is not on the axis? I can drop the bracket to clear the tripod or use the extension tube to avoid any fouling of the tripod/bracket.

PS you can tell this is all new to me but hopefully will be in operation when the skies clear.

Regards DD

30su3kp.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/30su3kp.jpg

Hi

The firmware upgrade allows mounting on the other side too and running the mount in eq mode or az, it allows both it is not one or other I understand.

There are two helpful videos by a member, sorry I can't add a link as that crashes my tablet.

Archived