Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

Andy R

Helo from North Wales

Hi all,

Well Im new to astronomy and I finally went a bought a telescope after moving from lightest brightest Essex to North Wales. 

I’ve been interested in star gazing for twenty five years after experiencing the night sky in Australia. On seeing the milky way for the first time I was glued to the spot looking up, opened mouthed, arm raised, finger pointing for about 3 hours, a humbling experience I won’t forget.

A stary night where I did live would be about 10 stars  However up here there a quite a few more but quite a bit more cloud too.  So I’m looking forward to my first clear night and learning the sky  

Well that’s me done I’m off to read some threads  

Thanks all

• Like 1

Hello and welcome top SGL Andy 🙂 

Wishing you clear skies to explore your new darkness! (although living in S Wales I understand the relative rarity of cloud-free nights!)

Helen

Hi Andy -- welcome to the SGL. I'm sure you will enjoy your time reading over all the threads.

Welcome to SGL Andy 🙂

Hi Andy - if you're near to Llandudno, the North Wales Astronomy Society meet nearby for observing sessions on 2nd Tuesday, and for a talk on the 4th Wednesday of the month. 

Although we're not local, we have friends who are, so we try to get to their talk meetings. 

Details on their website. http://www.northwalesastro.co.uk/About-Us/

Hi and welcome .

We have recently moved to North Wales. We own a few acres in Llanrhos, including our own "hill". Some lovely viewing here, and sure you will love it.

Cheers

Richard

13 hours ago, Andy R said:

Well that’s me done I’m off to read some threads

Welcome to SGL lots n' lots of good stuff to read here. Enjoy your astronomy.

23 hours ago, Gfamily said:

Hi Andy - if you're near to Llandudno, the North Wales Astronomy Society meet nearby for observing sessions on 2nd Tuesday, and for a talk on the 4th Wednesday of the month. 

Hey thanks for the link I’ll certainly pop along sometime soon. And thank you all for your friendly welcome, SGL has a wealth of knowledge I hope I can take it all in. 

Andy

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the lounge, tons of fine reading here for you too.

rick M

Hello Andy, and welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.