Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Base - early adopters requested

Helen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Sorry do you mean one of each or three identical ?

Dave

One of each running 3x SGP on a single Windows 10 NUC although I believe both Lakeside & Robofocus support at least x2 focusers with thier ascom drivers. 

Peter

Here's the rig;IMG_20190109_075939.thumb.jpg.4699edc71f1e093542907e38db35c92b.jpg

4 minutes ago, whipdry said:

One of each running 3x SGP on a single Windows 10 NUC although I believe both Lakeside & Robofocus support at least x2 focusers with thier ascom drivers. 

Peter

Here's the rig;IMG_20190109_075939.thumb.jpg.4699edc71f1e093542907e38db35c92b.jpg

Holy cow!!! Now that's impressive :thumbright:

44 minutes ago, whipdry said:

I believe both Lakeside & Robofocus support at least x2 focusers with thier ascom drivers. 

Thanks Peter, nice setup.

Lakeside do have 2 ASCOM drivers but using 2 instances of Maxim whichever driver the first one uses the second one defaults to the same one and doesn't appear to be any way to make it use the other driver so SGP is the plan.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks Peter, nice setup.

Lakeside do have 2 ASCOM drivers but using 2 instances of Maxim whichever driver the first one uses the second one defaults to the same one and doesn't appear to be any way to make it use the other driver so SGP is the plan.

Dave

Dave,

Never used Maxim but I'd think both Lakeside Ascom drivers should work independently. I'm assuming both driver are visible the ascom chooser & your able to select the 2nd driver, do you then open properties within the chooser window & set them up? 

Peter

1 minute ago, whipdry said:

Dave,

Never used Maxim but I'd think both Lakeside Ascom drivers should work independently. I'm assuming both driver are visible the ascom chooser & your able to select the 2nd driver, do you then open properties within the chooser window & set them up? 

Peter

Yes, and you can open two instances of Maxim, select one Lakeside ASCOM driver in one and the other Lakeside driver in the second but for some reason they both default to the same driver.

Dave

Is there a user-friendly firmware update mechanism for these devices?   Not just the Atik one, but the ASIAir and so on.

With my professional head on, there's been quite a bit of fuss over the last few years about IoT-style devices that turn out not to be secure and end up being hacked to be part of botnets and for other nefarious purposes.  Finding a back door into the RPi at the heart of all of these provides a huge amount of power (not computing power specifically, but in terms of what you can do with it) to someone whose intentions are not good.  It would be comforting to know that there is a) a means of notifying users that their device may be at risk and b) a mechanism for addressing the issue that is within the capabilities of those who don't do this sort of thing for a living.

James

Archived