SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cone Nebula area (limited data)

Hello

Took this a few nights ago. Wasn`t even sure i was pointing the camera in the right area!! Couldn`t really see anything in the subs and its took a bit of pushing to get anything to show but its there....... just ?. This is a fantastic area of sky definitely coming back to this. Image taken with the following...

Canon 450D / Canon 200 mm f 2.8 USM @ f4 / Vixen Phototguider. 8 x 120 secs and 6 x 150 secs (all unguided) @ iso 800. Stacked with DSS with calibration frames. Processed with Photoshop.

Thanks for looking

Alan

Cone Nebula area 090119.jpg

Stars look good, your polar alignment is obviously pretty close, so you could try even longer subs if you want more detail.  I take it your camera is not "modified" for astro-imaging.  

The 450D was/is a great little camera, still got mine.  It is too good an all-rounder so I never mucked around with mine.

Archived