Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

CraigT82

3 day old Moon with Celestron NeXYZ

First use of the NexYZ smartphone adaptor that I got for christmas.  Seems to work quite well compared to shooting hand held, with the small exit pupils using my F11 frac.  Takes a bit of time to get set up and get the phone positioned over the EP correctly and square to the focal plane, but once that's done very easy to snap away using the timer to eliminate image shake.

Starwave 102mm F11 achro on AZ4

Fullerscopes 13mm superwide plossl (86x)

Galaxy S8 standard photo app. 5 second timer.

Image unedited.

20190109_174348.jpg

• Like 9

Well done Craig, I've just looked at your image at full size, you've caught some nice detail.
I just wonder if your phone is completely square on as to me the northern part of the image looks sharper than the more southerly.

Edited by Astro Imp

Thanks... yes that is probably the case, it's not easy to get the phone exactly square to the focal plane (or any camera sensor for that matter!).  Will definitely spend a bit more time on this next time out.

Nice image Craig,
shows what that AA Achro can do.