SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQMOD meridian flip?

TheMan

I was wondering if anyone knew if EQMOD could do automatic meridian flips. If it can does anyone have a guide or a video that can show how to perform automatic median flips. Any help is appreciated.

One question. I figured all this out but I can't connect my mount. My mount is an az-gti with an wedge. how would I connect it to eqmod. (I already have it connected to the ascom driver)

eqmod doesn't run by itself, it has to be 'called' from the 'main' application, whether that be CDC, Stellarium, SGPro etc...

so in, for example, CDC configure the telescope control to use the Ascom driver, which should be using the port that your mount appears to your pc. If you connect correctly, then an eqmod window will open...

wifi is just a means of communication, so when your mount connects to your pc, and you've installed the correct driver(s) (I use wired connections) then in control panel \ device manager \ ports, then it should show up as a virtual port...

Ports.png.7f82513500d0d98e3174efda2645cafb.png

Did you get a Synscan hand controller with the mount?

I think this or a EQDir cable may allow connection to the mount....don't know however if the motors/ motherboard are compatible with the SW EQ mounts (which use EQMod)

1 hour ago, Merlin66 said:

Did you get a Synscan hand controller with the mount?

No, it was cheaper to buy it without it. I use the synscan app for pc. But I guess now i'll try to find a different program to automates meridian flips.

Hmmm

I think this mount is "sold" as an easy "wireless" controlled Alt-Az mount.....

Mounting it on a wedge - how does the mount perform? I'd think without guiding the RA/ Dec motions may be compromised??? 

Interesting......

[Edit] Just found the Synscan Pro App. The "advanced version" seems to handle EQ configurations?????

Android App: SynScan Pro App, Version 1.14.0

This is the Android version of the SynScan Pro app and it is recommended for experienced users. It supports not only alt-az mounts for visual observing, but also equatorial mounts for astrophotography. The mount should be equipped with a build-in Wi-Fi module or an external SynScan Wi-Fi adapter. This app supports ASCOM platform and SkySafari Plus/Pro.

Hmm, on the windows version of the App (V1.13.0) it does seem to control meridian "flipping"

Equatorial Mount Settings

• Guiding Rate: Configure the guiding rate of the autoguider interface on the mount.

• Flipping: Configure the meridian-flipping mode (for GOTO) of an equatorial mount. Defaulted to “Auto” mode after each GOTO

You need to resend the slew command of same object and if the mount sees it's already past the meridian, it should perform an automatic meridian flip. the mount won't flip on it's own. But I can probably just set up a script to click the mouse button once the object is past the meridian.

1 hour ago, Merlin66 said:

Mounting it on a wedge - how does the mount perform? I'd think without guiding the RA/ Dec motions may be compromised??? 

Interesting......

The mount performs great. And yes the "pro" version does support EQ mode. I'll be honest, I'm in love with this mount, for the price it performs better than I could've expected.

Archived