Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

Timebandit

Heads up " Sky at Night " Sunday

The" Sky at Night" , Sunday evening on BBC Four at 10.40

NASA's New Horizon probe notches up another historic first, as the first Kuiper belt fly by . And an encounter with a chunk of rock and ice around four billion miles from Earth

Enjoy☺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks - I need reminders these days!

Me too!

Thanks but for once I actually remembered this month, don't usually and have to rely on a post here.

OTOH I hall want reminding again much nearer the event...  Um... What was the quaetsion?

• Haha 3

I'm getting the same...………..what castle? etc.

15 hours ago, Gina said:

OTOH I hall want reminding again much nearer the event...  Um... What was the quaetsion?

Don't get me started.....Whenever I open the Obsy these days and connect the all the necessary gear, I check and double check in case I've forgotten something. If ever anyone was watching me they would think I'd got a case of OCD 😱 

Steve

Edited by sloz1664
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Don't get me started.....Whenever I open the Obsy these days and connect the all the necessary gear, I check and double check in case I've forgotten something. If ever anyone was watching me they would think I'd got a case of OCD 😱 

It's closing up the obsy that gets to me. Did I turn the mount drive off or will I find the wires wrapped around the mount and the sockets pulled out?......

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

It's closing up the obsy that gets to me. Did I turn the mount drive off or will I find the wires wrapped around the mount and the sockets pulled out?......

I'd forgotten about that 😱........Brings it home even more now:BangHead:

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice one.. Thanks

25 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Steve

I think I have got CDO, its like OCD but far worse; it could however be the Bushmils🥃

I wonder if/how the state shutdown will affect the programme? I haven't seen any new images on the JHUAPL galleries site since the 1st of Jan.

Ian

NASA will be affected, but JHUAPL is a university and should be fine. No recent pictures as Pluto is behind the sun, so no data can be downloaded. They’ll restart the download in an few days and hopefully more updates too.

PEter

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PeterW said:

No recent pictures as Pluto is behind the sun

Oh, I thought that would only be for 5 days. The last image posted was from 1 Jan. But it also states on the galleries page: " The team will continue posting LORRI images within 24 hours of their receipt on the ground during the first two weeks of January 2019, provided NASA has approved their release." (my emphasis).

Still, let's hope that they start to come through soon.

Ian

• Like 1

ON NOW!

Watching.

OK, who's up for imaging Eris? :evil4:.