Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Inside Peggie's Square

This was done using basically the same technique as I described in my previous entry, so I won't repeat all the details here. As it is a much larger area than my previous one, the 15x70 binos were not used, only the 7x50s, and so it does not go as deep. Also, unlike the Sagitta sketch, it was not possible to keep a main star in every field of view when making the original sketches; i.e. the distance between the main stars is more than twice the field of view of my binos, which added a new level of "excitement" to the exercise. The original sketches were done over several sessions.

OK, it's not the full official constellation of Pegasus, but the original brief did say "and asterisms", and "Peggie's Square" is a fairly bright, obvious, well-known one in the evening at this time of year.

I particularly liked the two curving chains of stars falling from the upper two stars into the square, something I had never previously appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

peggie's square.png

Archived