SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Big Questions

Is it just me or do you try to see the bigger picture when gazing.

As soon as I start looking I always come back to the question Where did it all start, where does it end, how was it created, where do I fit in, Is there more than this life, is there a God.

Now I know I am just gazing, but for some reason, it makes me ask soo many questions, too which I never get an answer. I understand the scientific explanation of the Big Bang theory, however that still doesn't seem to provide all the answers. I understand the religious take, (I was brought up a Catholic, however turned my back on Religion a long time ago), yet this doesn't come close to explaing it for me.

So is it just me or does anyone else ask themselves the big questions whilst gazing?

You're certainly not alone. Not only does it make me wonder at what is out there, where it all came from, and where it's all going, it serves to remind me exactly how insignificant I am in the context of it all!

I was looking at Pleiades a couple of weeks ago; the way it was orientated in the sky at the time, with Atlas towards the horizon and Electra towards the zenith, it looked like a huge question mark floating in space.

Kind of summed it up perfectly for me I thought!

You're certainly not alone. Not only does it make me wonder at what is out there, where it all came from, and where it's all going, it serves to remind me exactly how insignificant I am in the context of it all!

Or are you? Maybe, if you didn't exist the universe and the reality that you observe and comprehend would cease to exist. Perhaps, everything you see and understand exists soley in your head? Or, maybe, you don't really exist, anyway, and neither does anything in your reality?! Could we all be part of the same 'thing' and, in the same way that cells in a body have different experiences, simply be reacting to our local circumstances within the larger entity. After all, we all seem to be experiencing the same universe and rules rules that govern it, just like cells in a body. So many possibilities, so little sleep! Arghhhh!!!!

We know as much as we can at this moment in our development as Human Beings and there is no denying that there are many questions we , as yet , cannot answer but we are always developing and the answers you search for today will in the future be common knowledge.

Do not forget that not long ago we thought the Universe was not very big until those smudges Mr Hubble was viewing through his Telescope were actually Galaxies such as ours.

It is Human nature to question our existence as it is Human nature to search for more knowledge so with the passage of time those questions that seem impossible to answer today wil be answered in the future.

I have a headache now and need to lie down.

Vlebo

Hmmm - yes I wonder when I watch - but then I wonder with everything I watch. The whole world and everyone in it is amazing to me.

No one is truly insignificant - the universe has to be as big as it is for you and I to exist at all. I do believe in God myself and I dont think God precludes science in anyway. Einstein and Newton had faith as well as science you know.

Do not forget that not long ago we thought the Universe was not very big until those smudges Mr Hubble was viewing through his Telescope were actually Galaxies such as ours.

Actually Immanuel Kant already suspected this, and Herschel was convinced of it. Kant reckoned it proved the whole universe to be an unfolding divine plan, Herschel was perhaps a little more sceptical. A human characteristic is our ability to use empirical data to prove whatever metaphysical point we want to make.

Pascal said "the infinity of space terrifies me". He was a devout Christian. Only thing that scares me when I go out at night is other people - though I know this to be wholly irrational. We're all a bit scared of the dark.

Most spiritual moment for me was first time I swept the Virgo cluster, saw all those little fuzzy blobs, and thought to myself that in each one of them there was bound to be life-bearing planets, and maybe there was someone on one them watching us. Or rather, maybe there will be someone there 50-odd million years from now watching us...

Your not alone. You can ponder and think OR.....

You can take a leaf out of the phenomenological approach to psychology.........

Simple put it goes.....sod the explanation its the experience that counts.

Me I do both and when I have pondered the meaning of creation I just wonder about why when you go outside to view you immediatly need the loo...especialy when cold.

Clear Skies

Mike

Hmmm - yes I wonder when I watch - but then I wonder with everything I watch. The whole world and everyone in it is amazing to me.

No one is truly insignificant - the universe has to be as big as it is for you and I to exist at all. I do believe in God myself and I dont think God precludes science in anyway. Einstein and Newton had faith as well as science you know.

I saw an episode of Stargate Atlantis a while ago where they kind of explored into this. They figured out the math behind "ascension" but there was still an unaccounted for "faith" element required.

And well I think that when looking at anything far grander than ourselves it almost forces us to ponder these things. Take standing on the ocean shore for instance.....

Archived