SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heyaaaa. Its been a long time!(not really its been 5 days :P) its me againn ! As you have seen by the title i am in a delleema (misspells ftw) between eyepieces

Here are 2 eyepieces i can buy with my budget

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prettyia-Eyepiece-Telescope-Skywatcher-Astronomy-Multicolor/dp/B012JC3274/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1547060539&sr=1-9&keywords=prettyia+eyepiece (ik its 3 eyepieces but there is no other pack that delivers to my location than only includes one)

and https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-uwa-planetary-eyepieces.html

But with that excact same money i can buy this! 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/sky-watcher-sky-panorama-eyepieces.html

holy moly 82 degrees!

Something is telling me to ditch the cheap Zoom eyepiece and the planetarys and  just buy the panorama eyepiece from the money i would use on the planetarys and the 8-24 instead.

Does anyone have any expirience with that particular price range zoom eyepieces or the planetary or the panoramas?

Also can you reccomend me a size (7mm 15mm)?(there is no way i m buying the 22mm one) my main targets will be dsos as well as planets so. I will be using those in my Celestron firstscope and in my future ( i ll buy it in like 3 months lol Skywatcher heritage 130p)

telescopes: Focal lenghts :Current telescope:Celestron firstscope 300mm FL

Future telescope:Skywatcher heritage 130p 650mm FL 

To sum up:Get the 2 or the panorama?

If i get the panorama which lenght?(7mm or 15mm)? (i want a size that compliments planets and most dsos ) ( i live in the southern hemisphere {so no orion nebula for me} (my favourite DSO)  :( for now atleast

Thanks for your time !

Kronos!

14 minutes ago, Kronos831 said:

i live in the southern hemisphere {so no orion nebula for me} (my favourite DSO)  :( for now atleast

Unless something dramatic has happened (20 Richter's scale earthquake) while having my afternoon nap, then Chios, Athens as well as the rest of Greece, is still in the Northern hemisphere. M42 is visible right now.

really? am i that stupid? Anyway i tried finding orion but couldnt and i cant find polaris or ursa major or minor just Lyra(that looks like ursa minor a little) also is wikipedia wrong  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Hemisphere ? im not good with geography  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Hemisphere 

If you have clear skies at the moment and look due south right now Orion will be well up in the sky in that direction.  You can't miss it. Ursa Major is lower and towards the north east.

Thanks! Can you also reccomend which one i should pick? I m looking for a size to observe planets and dsos with the 300mm fl and the 650fl .Also , how would these eyepiece perform compared to the SW planetaries if i should get bigger magnification?

13 hours ago, Kronos831 said:

Something is telling me to ditch the cheap Zoom eyepiece and the planetarys and  just buy the panorama eyepiece from the money i would use on the planetarys and the 8-24 instead.

Does anyone have any expirience with that particular price range zoom eyepieces or the planetary or the panoramas?

Also can you reccomend me a size (7mm 15mm)?(there is no way i m buying the 22mm one) my main targets will be dsos as well as planets so. I will be using those in my Celestron firstscope and in my future ( i ll buy it in like 3 months lol Skywatcher heritage 130p)

The price of the panorama is over half of the cost of the Heritage 130p. I would not buy any eyepieces but put that money towards the new telescope. With regards to a size of eyepiece you would not use one eyepiece for planets and DSOs. Assuming that we base eyepiece choices on the Heritage 130p then for planets you will probably find a 4-5mm eyepiece is best (maybe a little shorter) but for DSOs you will want a range between 10mm and 32mm (assuming you stick to Plossls, with wider AFoV eyepieces will not go to 32mm in 1.25" format). 

I also notice that you are listing UK suppliers for your selections. Without getting into politics (against forum rules), you should be aware that the UK is supposed to be leaving the EU in a couple of months. At this point we still do not know what the trading arrangements will be after that time and what effect that will have on prices.

12 hours ago, Kronos831 said:

Nop but i always seem to spot something like this near Lyra can you maybe tell me  what it is.? Also pls some advice on the eyepiece?

Screenshot_2019-01-09-22-30-37-041_com.viber.voip.png

I have no idea what that is supposed to be but are you sure that it is near Lyra? Lyra is currently very low on the horizon at sunset and sets shortly afterwards. Perhaps what you are identifying as Lyra is something else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 22:32, Kronos831 said:

Nop but i always seem to spot something like this near Lyra can you maybe tell me  what it is.? Also pls some advice on the eyepiece?

Screenshot_2019-01-09-22-30-37-041_com.viber.voip.png

Jesus guys..... Turns out that thing was orion... And the 3 bottom stars is where the nebula is located...

Archived