A home of willing teachers
A lounge of enthusiasts
To lead me in my star trek
As Venus lead Jupiter
In today's 5:46 morning sky.

Thank you SGLers
You have been my brightest stars.

Hi Louis

Not quite at 5:46 this morning (taken at 07:25 to be exact), but I think my photo of Venus and Jupiter paints the picture of your poem quite well.

Photo was taken using a Canon 70D, with a 55-250mm lens at 55mm, F5.6 for a 1 second exposure. I had my tripod set up in my garden looking South. There is always plenty of early morning aircraft traffic, with the overnight transatlantic flights heading towards the south of England, hence the vapour trails in the photograph.

Regards

BinzaukIMG_3245.thumb.JPG.5405b532424268de1bbab7e3eebaa096.JPG

21 minutes ago, Binzauk said:

Not quite at 5:46 this morning (taken at 07:25 to be exact), but I think my photo of Venus and Jupiter paints the picture of your poem quite well. 

I guess the reason for the our different observation time is because am in Oyo state, Nigeria.

Nigeria is about one hour ahead of England in the time zone hence Venus would be observed in the sky about one hour earlier before people in England  would see her, this is why I saw Venus and Jupiter about one hour earlier before you did...

Yes, the photo did paint a clear picture of my poem. Maybe I will do as you did and take a picture of Venus and Jupiter tomorrow morning as they pass by.

I think one good thing to be in Nigeria with out constant power outage is it gives us a dark background for a clearer observation.

Archived