SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First APT starscape attempt.

Korhag

I got an hour of clear skies the other day. Sadly the neighbours garden's security light illuminated halfway through the exposure, illuminating the trees a ghastly yellow.

This is my time using APT. I believe this was 15 x 20.1 second light frames, however, lacking a tracking mount I went with a safe 20-second exposure. I could probably squeeze 24 seconds next time. I had to be at work later that morning, so I was limited in time.

15 light frames. Nikon D5300 - ISO 1600, 20.1 second exposure, f2.8 - Samyang 14mm F2.8.

It is amazing how straightforward APT made the process. Ran a lead up to the PC and watched as the images appeared and it is so much nicer than having to view through the LCD. On reflection/editing, I think the image is slightly out of focus. Very peculiar working with focusing to infinity on a manual lens at night. ?

1675155893_WIP-2-Copy(2).thumb.jpg.46091374e7e49f4b08b9bcf9d814a733.jpg

That has come out pretty well, you have to pixel peep to see the star shape and they are only ever so slightly not round. When stacking in DSS try kappa-sigma-clipping that might just make them round for you.

You might even have the comet 46P you'll have to check where it was at that time for you.

Your sky looks clear unlike the sky glow I get.

Archived